Please Support Our Annual Campaign in Progress Now!
Every kid deserves a Great Future. Yet every day, some 11 million kids (1 out of 5) leave school with nowhere to go. They risk being unsupervised, unguided, and unsafe. In the summer, an alarming 43 million (3 out of 4) kids in America lack access to summer learning programs, increasing their risk of significant earning loss. To improve the outlook of our nation and our local communities, we must redefine the opportunity equation: School + Out-of-School = Great Futures.
At more than 4,000 Boys & Girls Clubs nationwide, youth development professionals work in support of an ambitious vision: to assure success is within reach of every young person who enters their doors, with all members on track to graduate from high school with a plan for the future, demonstrating good character and citizenship, and living a healthy lifestyle.
Each child who walks through the doors of the Boys & Girls Club of Eden-Lake Shore is unique. Some are boisterous and outgoing, while others are quieter and introverted. Some live with parents, others with grandparents, aunts and uncles, or foster parents. Some don’t have to try very hard to do well in school, but many struggle every day. Some come from families who are easily able to afford the Club’s membership fees, while others (29%) attend on half or full scholarships.
We know that the influence of one caring adult can make a lifelong impact on a child; therefore, we strive to populate our Club with talented and dedicated staff and volunteers who can lead our members down the path to personal growth and success by engaging them in our five core programming areas. It just takes one!
Ways to Give
The Boys & Girls Club of Eden-Lake Shore is a 501(c)(3) public charitable organization registered in New York State as the Boys & Girls Club of Eden, Inc. (our current corporate legal name). Our NYS Non-Profit ID# is 33-0996412.
Running a successful Boys & Girls Club operation is a numbers game, and our United Way Agency numbers are: *Eden Clubhouse: 4210 and *Lake Shore Clubhouse: 5547
Please consider supporting our efforts by donating through direct payroll deduction or other donation through the United Way of Buffalo & Erie County. Help tip the numbers in our favor to help our kids BE GREAT!
More Giving Ideas
Help us continue to provide engaging programming and supportive staff to the youth of Eden, Evans and Brant. There are so many ways to help the Club. Here are just a handful of ideas:
Support Our Great Futures Campaign for Kids
Make an Individual gift to support club programs and services. The Club needs to raise $75,000 in individual giving each year to meet our annual operating needs and make a difference in the lives of the youth that we serve.
Sponsor a Member – Although our membership dues are kept low, the Club has youth who come from families that cannot afford to pay for a membership or attend a week of camp. A gift of $250 can sponsor a membership.
- Send a check to:
- Boys & Girls Club of Eden-Lake Shore 8284 North Main St., Eden NY 14057
- Donate securely online with a credit card via Paypal or Network for Good
- Set up a monthly donation that can be deducted automatically from your bank account
- Give through the United Way, SEFA, or CFC – the Club’s United Way agency codes are: Eden-4210; Lake Shore-5547.
- Establish a trust, bequest, or gift annuity to the Club
- Donate goods or services to be used in one of the Club’s many auctions/basket raffles
- Donate your time by volunteering at a Club event
- Donate your talent by volunteering to teach a one-time class or ongoing program at the Club
- Make a gift of items that the Club needs. See the Club’s current Wish List.
- Have another idea? Call the Eden Clubhouse at 716-992-2702; or the Lake Shore Clubhouse at 716-926-2219; or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss it!